Ever wonder how colors affect mood? This helpful article from Yahoo! Homes gives us an insight on just how big of an impact the right colors do when designing a room.
1. Create the illusion of space with bright colors: If you want your home to look bigger, use bright and vibrant colors like yellow hues. Try to avoid white, for although it can add space, it can make a room look plain.
2. Build appetite in your kitchen with red: Red has been shown to increase appetite in most people – one of the reasons that many restaurants choose red patterns in their dining rooms.
3. Warm up your home with deep tones during the winter: Using reds, oranges and yellows in your home paint decor can make the home seem more welcoming from the outside or warmer on the inside – especially during the winter.
4. Cool off in the summer with colder colors: Along the same lines as warm colors in the fall, cool colors, especially blue, can make your home seem fresh, cool and clean during the summer.
5. Blend brown for a natural look in your den: If you love the look of wood or leather or already incorporate this earthy natural look in any room of your house, adding some brown paint can amplify the appearance.
6. There’s a reason bathroom fixtures are usually white: White not only symbolizes fertility and cleanliness, but it also makes cleaning easier in the bathroom. You don’t want stains to be hidden so they go without being cleaned. Knowing that the bathroom is clean and fresh with lovely white paint can put your mind at ease and inspire relaxation.
7. Orange is healthy!: Orange is often associated with improved lung function as well as increased energy. As well as working well in any workout room, a mild orange can be very helpful to those recovering from illness or with lung problems.
Hope that gave you some ideas for when you decide to repaint your home!
For more design ideas, check out my Pinterest!